Sunday, June 26, 2011

We have moved

Well we kinda have moved.We have the basics at the farm and are slowly moving the rest over.We have been so happy since moving here.The property is great,so peaceful.You can sit on the deck and watch the lighting bugs in the field,listen to the frogs.
The house even though small is great.There is a song that says something about"love grows best in little houses with few walls to separate" and I believe it is true.We will build once we re-build our funds up,but for now we are happy .
We have added to our "family" we now have 31 chickens 24 Aruacanas,6 Barred Rock and 5 Guineas as well as 2 billy goats.The goats are 2 1/2 months old and are a boer/pigmy mix.Roscoe is brown and white and Cheava is white.They need more handling to get them tame but we will work on it.We are going to start tieing them out in the pasture to help eat it down.We can not wait to get some cows , pigs, and horses.I think we will be complete then.
I also am looking for some fruit trees to plant so that we will have fresh fruit.I can not wait until next year when we can have a garden.Our neighbor has been great he has given us tomatoes,green onions,squash and the biggest heads of cabbage I have ever  seen!! They are bigger than Samuel(our any child that age) head!! We are cooking them for dinner tomorrow with sausage.
I cannot wait until we no longer have to go to the store for our food.It will be so nice eating things that you know are fresh and are not genetically modified or pumped full of hormones.
I will post pics soon(as soon as I find my usb cord)

1 comment:

Marthavmuffin said...

it looks gorgeous! So happy for you; Did you get an inquiry from the state of florida about your adoption subidies for the kids? Just asking if you were still in Florida and if the kids had any income. Thought it was odd. Said it was the regular annual check in but this is the first I have gotten.